Tuesday, January 19, 2010

They just don't mix

My reasoning behind the title of this blog is like oil and vinegar, I believe the needs of a publishing company don't mix with the needs of a newspaper's audience.  I have worked at the Campus Carrier for two years and think I have a decent understanding of the responsibilities involved in serving an audience.  However, I have almost no understanding of ad sales, what's it like to deal with a publisher, and other things on that side of the business.  Through taking Economics of News this semester I hope to be educated about the business side of news. I would like to come away from the class with a better understanding of how these two sides operate together and a clearer picture of what the future of the journalism industry looks like, but that may be asking too much.  We'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment